1.17.2013

Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes


Good morning sunshine! My favorite meal of the day is breakfast and one of my go to breakfast options for a busy week is the apple cinnamon protein pancake. One serving has only 22g carbs, 135 calories plus 9g of protein and 4g of fiber. It's a SUPER easy recipe and makes 4-5 servings so you can store it in a mason jar in your fridge for 3-4 days.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Protein Pancake

ingredients:
1 cup of quick oats
4 egg whites
1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder (I use the GNC brand)
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into medium size pieces

directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in blender (I use the Ninja, which gets the job done!) until the mixture is the consistency of batter. You may need to add more milk depending on your oats, add a few splashes if it is too dry. 
  2. Heat up a small frying pan on med-low, add coconut oil or cooking oil spray so that the pancake doesn't stick. Pour batter into a ~4 in round pancake and heat for roughly 2 minutes, keep an eye on the edges, once they start to brown you'll know it's time to flip. Flip pancake until the other side is cooked as well. You can also heat up a few slices of apple on the pan with cinnamon sprinkled on them as toppings for the pancake. 
  3. Top with honey, sugar-free syrup, fruit, or ground cinnamon to taste. Enjoy!
You can save the remaining batter in your fridge for 3-4 days, you may need to add more milk if the consistency becomes too thick. 



Sweet Green Drink

I also love to start my morning with fresh juice, and one of my favorites is a mixture of sweet green fruits and green veggies. 

If you have a juicer my favorite *blend is...
1 green apple
1 pear
1 Fuji apple
2 celery stalks
1 large handful parsley
4 large romaine lettuce leaves
2 handfuls spinach
slice of ginger root
1/2 or 1/4 peeled lemon
*makes two glasses

breakfast, blue-grass & bedroom-slippers,

7 comments:

  1. And if you don't have a juicer? Will a blender work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great blender options, though I haven't explored many of those. The Beauty Detox book has one though with similar ingredients!

      Delete
  2. YUM! I'm totally into the 2-ingredient fitness pancake too that's just banana and egg! Have you tried that yet?

    Arantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green juice sounds wonderful! I'm bookmarking the recipe now!

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Boyfriend of 5 years left me when I needed him most, I went through so much and it was bad I nearly committed suicide in August, I lost 4 stone in weight. I could not take it anymore. I was fired from my new job for gross misconduct before moving out of my home because I could not afford that much. My situation got worsen when I heard my Boyfriend moved his new Girlfriend into his home, I was so hurt, I fainted on the street and then rushed to the hospital. I surprised how he did that just after 2 weeks before he was claiming he loved me. I miss him, I love him and hate him all in one.
    Finally, I grabbed the life changing opportunity Dr. Wakina offered. The spiritual father was annoyed by my present condition after his readings, he discovered my Boyfriend was meant for me and was forcefully snatched. With faith and hope for a new beginning, I permitted Dr. Wakina to cast the love spell. The result of the spell was fantastic. I am proud I fought for love and conquered. Everything I lost has been restored. We have been living peacefully as couple for months.
    I encourage you to also grab your life changing opportunity by emailing Dr. Wakina via: dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your miracle Doctor Osemu Okpamen

    This article is dedicated to the Doctor Osemu Okpamen. I have been married with my wife for 5 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to this genuine spell Doctor called Osemu Okpamen. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back begging for me back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. Also he was there every moment until i got my happiness back and he also provides spells that cures impotence, bareness, diseases such as HIV/AID E.T.C You can contact him via email at { Doctorokpamenspelltemple@yahoo.com } or visit his website http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com. He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him. Call me for more info +1 (914)-517-3229..

    ReplyDelete