10.27.2010

"With a Little Help from My Friends"

(Photo Credit: Sandra Deming, Model: Brooke Boswell)
I can't explain how imperative it is to surround yourself with the most incredible and supportive people. Every angle of your life should involve amazing and inspiring people who fuel your energy and enhance your life. Most importantly, you should always consider yourself lucky and grateful to have their company as an ingredient to your world.

On Saturday October 23rd (the night of the Miss New Mexico USA pageant) I was shocked at how unbelievably calm and relaxed I was, of course I was a nervous wreck and was so surprised and delighted by every advancement I had made throughout the event (top 10 to top 5 to the crowning), but for some reason I was oddly calm. As I stood backstage I asked myself "Brittany, why are you so calm? Do you for some reason not want this?" I was very confused. Of course this was something that I wanted, for the past six years this has been at the top of my mind and the underpinning of my dreams.

I reflected on this unusual calmness even further, and then, all of the sudden it came to me. I was so calm because I was so completely content. I was content with the people in my life and the life that I was leading. I had over 50 people who had traveled from all over (L.A., Denver, Las Vegas, El Paso, Gallup, Las Cruces, Colorado Springs, Farmington) just to show their support. Not to mention the overwhelming support I received via Facebook, Twitter, email, phone calls, cards, flowers and so forth. I was so touched and humbled by all of this. I knew that even if I walked off that stage with nothing more then 10 sore toes from the high-heels and 3 layers of butt glue on my tush that I was so incredibly lucky to be  supported and loved by so many magnificent people. I knew that I would have been perfectly satisfied because I would gracefully have walked off stage only to find myself surrounded by all of the people who had come so far and invested so much just to support little ole' me.

I have no idea why my life has been rewarded. I have no idea why I am so lucky to know so many phenomenal people and I am able to call them my family, friends, co-workers, roommates, sisters, students and so forth. What I do I know is that this is the very element and foundation to all of the success I have found in my life.

Surround yourself with positive, inspiring, and supportive people and constantly cultivate gratitude of such. You will never live a disappointing life if you do this, I can promise you that.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you my friend! AS ARE YOU! We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Brittany. I cannot wait to cheer you on at Miss USA. Enjoy and savor every second of this once in a lifetime opportunity. Once again, welcome to the double crown club :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too sweet. Thank you. And thank you for all of your help and advice. You rock sister.

    ReplyDelete