10.19.2009

ill.

...and yes, the sick kind.

Today when I was reading to my afternoon class Danielle barked at me "Ms. Toll, stop talking like that! Talk normal!" as she was refering to my scratchy squeeky voice that by the end of a day full of calendar math, centers rotations and two read alouds was on it's peak of awefulness.

I politely smiled at her and said "I'm sorry, I can't talk normal, I'm sick."

"Ohp." she replied.

But what I really wanted to say was "Remember last week when you sneezed in my face, and Konnor coughed in my ear and down my neck, and Angel spit toothpaste all over my arm as I reached to turn off the faucet? That is why I can't talk normal. That is why my body is a swimming pool for germs."

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! When the kiddos have fevers that have to come sit up at the front office with me until their parents come and they end up coughing all over the place! And running noses, from their face, to their arms and hands, to me!I just got over a cold. You'll pull through. =)

    ReplyDelete