12.08.2009

snow day.

In all my 23 years I have never once been granted a day off from school due to snow. Well today was my fisrt, and boy do I feel that my childhood was quite deprived.

I was able to organize EVERYTHING and prepare for the big move (down the street). Productive days are amazing.

It may have posed quite an inconvenience as I try to help my children learn as much as they can to have a day off from school- but this week I actually have to be in ABQ with both of my assistants for a Pre-K Institute, so it managed to work out that this week was just for re-teaching skills anyway! And plus, yesterday I discovered that my afternoon class has been coming along with learning their letters, so I feel comfortable letting a day go to waste due to snow. PLUS- have you ever tried to keep 40 active 4 and 5 year-olds inside due to bad weather? It can get pretty ugly- they need their outdoor play, snow days are good for Pre-K.

Nico said something funny yesterday....

Nico: Wow, I like your hair- who did it?
Me: I did!
Nico: Oh cool!

Ha ha, and it was only pulled back into an elastic headband. He's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment