8.18.2010

1st day, year 2

Today was a long day. A very long day.

My kids are amazing (duh) and I can't wait to watch them grow. It's crazy that my last class was at the same level as my new students and they grew so much. It was hard to not miss my former students, things just got so comfortable, but I have faith that this new batch will be just as awesome.

My afternoon class was OVER capacity which made things crazy. Not to mention we had like 5 cryers in the afternoon and 2 in the morning, which is 6 more than I had last year. However, I was please to have, this year, a student who cried actually when it was time to go because she didn't want to leave. :)

On a flattering note, I have a student who is in my class because I was highly recommended as a teacher and they only wanted the best for their 4-year-old. So that in itself reminds me of how hard I worked last year and how hard I know I can work this year. Funny thing about this little girl is every time I gave her a direction she responded with "Are you nuts?" Okay Michelle Tanner, that was cute the first time, but by the 12th time I had heard it I was not feelin' in. Oy. Kids.

I really felt the love and support today, which was awesome. Thanks to all of you who were supporting me and have continually supported me on this journey. 

Day by day. One day down, one day easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment