2.08.2012

Love Letter To My Body

Dear Body.


I'd first like to thank you for all that you do for me. I am thankful for the breaths you give me each day. I am thankful for vision to see the beauty that surrounds me, even in the least illuminated spaces. I am thankful for the ability to manifest creativity from my hands. I am thankful for my legs and the strength they host that allows me to travel as desired. I am thankful for the ability to feel, which serves as a constant reminder that I am alive.


I love you for all that you are, as you are- your smile brightens the faces of those around you & your brown eyes are always honest. Your skin is soft & ticklish and the arches of your feet mimic a rainbow. Your countless freckles remind others of youth and serve as lasting memories of adventures in the sun.


I love how your belly button is both an "innie" & an "outie." I love the tint of pink that your cheeks create when you blush, and how impossible it is for you to conceal. I love how your eyes, ears, nose, mouth & heart have an undeniable craving for sweet things. I love how impressed I am by the strength of your toes when I balance my weight on them. I love how all of your parts create a symphony of movement when you are compelled to dance. I love your awkward pencil grip & the scar on your right arm that resembles a snake bite. I love your long legs and how well they manage to sit in a pretzel fold. I love how strong your core is, providing you many hours of strength for laughing. I am amused by the freckles on your face that are parallel to the Little Dipper constellation & how much your feet enjoy being naked. 


You deserve to be showcased with perfect posture. You deserve to be nourished with food that makes you feel strong & energized. You deserve to be treated to deep sleep & colorful dreams everyday. You deserve to maintain hydration & have your lungs filled with fresh air.  Your mind deserves to be filled with positive thoughts & good intentions. Your soul deserves to be hosted in empowering & enriching environments. 


I know that I do not always hear you when you ask for what you need. I will be better at listening to you and answering you.


You are one-of-a-kind & I am lucky that you are mine. You are the reason why I exist & why I exist well. 


eternally grateful-







What does your love letter to your body sound like? Is the language different than what you would write in a letter to your lover or your best friend? It shouldn't be... Give it a try. Be gracious, kind, and complimentary to all extremes. Act as if your spirit has stepped out of your body. Your body deserves to know how you feel about it. No one else has to see it (trust me, this is not my full version) -you just need to feel it.

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! & so inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently stumbled across your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love it! It is very inspirational and uplifting :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete