1.27.2010

just one of those days

I don't know if I was just extremely irritable today of if my kids were just wild frenzied jungle creatures but it was a rough day. I don't think I have ever had to tell so many kids to "move your apple." I do have to feel for them though because they don't have specials (p.e., library, art) for the next 2 weeks and since the playground is covered in snow they can't go outside either. That has got to be enough to drive a 4-year-old mad I suppose. I guess that is why I let them all move their apples back up to the green part of the tree at the end of the day...

But the end of the day made things better when Dominique came up to me and said (in her oh so sweet and delicate little voice) "Ms. Toll, when I grow-up, I want to be a teacher." It was right at the end of the day and Isaiah's mom and grandma were in the classroom picking him up and they both let out a long "awwww!" It was indeed an "awww!" moment. Then she practiced teaching as she wrote letters all across the white board. When I told her she could use the "pointer" her face lit up like a Chrsitmas tree and I don't think I have ever seen a smile so big.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment