5.23.2011

happy monday [ i & i ]

inspiration:

idea:
take your vitamins!!!
Vitamins are so essential for so many reasons. I try to take my vitamins three times a day and each serves a critical role in my overall health and well being. I attribute my clear skin, consistent energy, and good health to these magical little pills (I swear by them). It can be really hard to 1.) get yourself in the habit of taking vitamins and 2.) know what vitamins to take & what is right for you. I can tell you that #1 gets easier in time and #2 will take some work on your end and it will never be final, you will always identify new needs for your body, and that's also your responsibility to determine. It may take some time to ascertain what you need. Here are some simple ways to get started.....

1.) Start by talking to people. I only stared taking vitamin B-12 after a conversation with my sweet friend Ginny about our new lives as vegetarians and I am so glad she introduced this to me because I may not have ever known.

2.) Do research! Health magazines and blogs have lots of great info about vitamins and routines. I once read in a magazine that it's better to split your multivitamin in half and take one half in the morning and one half at night. I have done this ever since reading that. (Oh, and while we are on the subject of multivitamins you must make sure you eat before you take them... I learned this the hard way when I decided to take my multivitamin before wolfing down a plate of banana pancakes... errr...)
Whole Living has these two great posts about vitamins: 
And here is The Best Vitamins for Women from Women's Health

3.) Of course.... talk to your doctor or a health professional to figure out what is best for you and certainly make a habit of doing this before you start taking something that you are unsure of.


It is so important to make sure that you are taking care of your body in all of the right ways. I travel a ton and do many appearance where it's essential that I look and feel my best! Also, when you are around 38 4-year-olds all day you get exposed to some pretty nasty stuff. It's a daily event to have a kid sneezing right in my face. Soo... what do I take to combat these germs and make sure I'm in tip-top shape & health??

am (after breakfast):
1/2 Women's One a Day Multivitamin
1 Flax Seed Oil
1 Cold Pressed Alaskan Salmon Oil
1 Herbalife Floralfiber

lunchtime:
1 B-12
1 Folic Acid
1 Vitamin D
1 Floarlfiber
1 Trader Joe's Garlic Pill
1 Vitamin-C

pm (after dinner):
1/2 Women's One a Day Multivitamin
1 Flax Seed Oil
1 Cold Pressed Alaskan Salmon Oil
1 Herbalife Floralfiber
1 Zyrtec 

tambourines and skinny jeans,




4 comments:

  1. I have been taking a vitamins for a long time now. I have always heard that you should split what you take during the day as well because the vitamins don't absorb properly if you take them all at once. I take a women's multivitamin, B12, D, a probiotic, and iron supplement along with allergy meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the shout out! Haha I need to get better about taking my vitamins regularly with a better routine. I'll have to take some tips from you =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to get better about taking my vitamins. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You have a degree don't you? Do you have any advice for coping with final exams?
    Claire

    ReplyDelete