8.23.2009

Guilty.

Okay, I'm guilty of major procrastination right now.

I set aside Sundays for workdays, and on Saturdays I leave my teacher brain in my overfilled tote bag full of other teacher resources and things so I can enjoy a little "Brittany time." So here I am trying to work. I feel like a 4-year-old right now, more than 30 minutes focused on one thing is not working out for me.

I'm sitting at my desk working on my students "I can" packets and I just so happen to look out my window and what do you know.... I spy one of my favorite students and his mom (okay, who am I kidding, all of my students are my favorites)! The house across the street always has kids showing up for what I assume are play dates, and here is seems one of my students was showing up for that very agenda. I wanted to run out of my apartment is my ratty old Abercrombie sweats and maroon "Teach For America" t-shirt yelling "Isaiah!! Isaiah!!" but I missed them. I also decided in 3.7 seconds that doing that would have been creeeepy because teachers don't have lives, they live at school, they sleep there and eat there and if you ever see a teacher outside of school that is scary and there must be a full moon out and you should run the opposite direction as fast as you can. Then for another 2.9 seconds I thought "oooh, well I can look up his mom's phone number in my book and say 'Look! I'm across the street!" but then that would have been even creepier. Instead, I put on some music and try to focus on my work, despite the fact that one of my darling students is right there! 30 feet away from me, on a Sunday, and I just think it's the coolest thing ever!!

I took the time to write this blog just now not because I felt it would enrich anyone's life but rather to document my first student-teacher encounter outside of school, although this encounter was only one sided.... but it was still so awesome! I also took the time to write this blog because I am procrastinating my work and I feel that an opportunity to do so must be taken full advantage of.


....I also live a good distance away from my school's attendance zone so this is another reason why it's so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment